Huntington Dog Beach
The Preservation Society of Huntington Dog Beach is a non-profit organization that works to preserve access to the beach for dogs and to keep the beach clean and safe. Please support our efforts!
Following these rules while visiting Huntington Dog Beach will help to ensure that your day is happy and enjoyable for both you and your dog:
- Maintain control of your dog at all times.
- Please pick up after your dog and dispose of waste in the trash cans.
- Under the existing city ordinance, 13.08.070, dogs must remain leashed. For the past several years; however, only unleashed, potentially dangerous dogs have been cited or removed.
- If your dog is new to Dog Beach, take it slow. Keep them on their leash until you can be sure of how they will react to the sand, sea, and especially other dogs and people.
- If your dog has a history of being aggressive toward other dogs or people, Dog Beach may not be the best place for him/her.
- Most important rule of all - HAVE FUN!